1. American Hospital Association. Available at: https://www.aha.org/ (accessed 14.03.2022).
2. McDermott, K.W., Roemer, M. Most Frequent Principal Diagnoses for Inpatient Stays in U.S. Hospitals, 2018. Health Care Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Brief. 2021. Available at: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb277-Top-Reasons-Hospital-Stays-2018.jsp (accessed 14.03.2022).
3. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Trend Tables. Table 89. Hospitals, beds, and occupancy rates, by type of ownership and size of hospital: United States, selected years 1975-2015. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2017/089.pdf (accessed 14.03.2022).
4. 2019 was worst year for U.S. rural hospital closures in a decade. The Gardian. 2019. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/19/us-rural-hospital-closures-report (accessed 20.03.2022).
5. McKee, G.A. US Hospitals Function like Businesses. That's why they are struggling amid COVID pandemic. USA Today. 2020. Available at: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/07/05/coronavirus-hospitals-businesses-public-option-health-care-column/3266503001/ (accessed 20.03.2022).
6. McDermott, K.W., Roemer, M. Most Frequent Principal Diagnoses for Inpatient Stays in U.S. Hospitals, 2018. Health Care Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Brief. 2021. Available at: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb277-Top-Reasons-Hospital-Stays-2018.jsp (accessed 14.03.2022).
7. Allen, K. Availability of Primary Care Doctors Boosts Overall Life Expectancy. American Association of Retired Persons. 2019. Available at: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2019/study-links-primary-care-supply-to-life-expectancy.html (accessed 14.03.2022).
8. Melanie, H., Average Medical School Debt. EducationData.org. 2021. Available at: https://educationdata.org/average-medical-school-debt (accessed 20.03.2022).
9. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/decontamination-reuse-respirators.html#print (accessed 22.03.2022).
10. New survey of nurses provides frontline proof of widespread employer, government disregard for nurse and patient safety, mainly through lack of optimal PPE. National Nurses United. 2020. Available at: https://www.nationalnursesunited.org/press/new-survey-results (accessed 22.03.2022).
11. COVID-19 and Domestic PPE Production and Distribution: Issues and Policy Options. Congressional Research Service. 2020. Available at: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46628 (accessed 18.03.2022).
12. Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Pandemic Results in Bankruptcies or Closures for Some Hospitals. American Hospital Association. 2020. Available at: https://www.aha.org/system/files/media/file/2020/11/fact-sheet-covid-hospital-bankruptcies-1120.pdf (accessed 18.03.2022).
13. Paavola, A. Hospitals saw cash on hand increase by 44 days in fiscal 2020, Moody's data shows. Becker’s Hospital CFO Report. 2022. Available at: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/hospital-s-cash-on-hand-increased-by-44-days-in-fiscal-2020-moody-s-data-shows.html (accessed 01.04.2022).
14. Ochieng, N., Biniek, J.F., Musumeci, M., Neuman, T. Funding for Health Care Providers during the Pandemic. Kaiser Family Foundation. 2022. Available at: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/funding-for-health-care-providers-during-the-pandemic-an-update/#:~:text=Payments%20from%20the%20Provider%20Relief,2019%2C%20according%20to%20National%20Health (accessed 03.04.2022).
15. Bestsennyy, O., Gilbert, G., Harris, A., Rost, J. Telehealth: A quarter-trillion-dollar post-COVID-19 reality? McKinsey&Company. 2021. Available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/healthcare-systems-and-services/our-insights/telehealth-a-quarter-trillion-dollar-post-covid-19-reality (accessed 03.04.2022).
16. Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience. National Academy of Medicine. Available at: https://nam.edu/initiatives/clinician-resilience-and-well-being/ (accessed 03.04.2022).
17. Galvin, G. Nearly 1 in 5 Health Care Workers Have Quit Their Jobs During the Pandemic. Morning consult. 2021. Available at: https://morningconsult.com/2021/10/04/health-care-workers-series-part-2-workforce/ (accessed 03.04.2022).
18. Alkire, M.J., Miller, D., Cloyd, B. PINC AI Data Shows Hospitals Paying $24B More for Labor Amid COVID-19 Pandemic. Premier. 2021. Available at: https://www.premierinc.com/newsroom/blog/pinc-ai-data-shows-hospitals-paying-24b-more-for-labor-amid-covid-19-pandemic (accessed 10.04.2022).
19. Howard, J. After two years, the final US military medical Covid-19 deployments are ending: We still have a long road ahead. CNN. 2022. Available at: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/29/health/covid-military-medical-deployment-ends/index.html (accessed 10.04.2022).
20. Rosseter, R. Fact Sheet: Nursing Shortage. American Association of Colleges of Nurses. 2020. Available at: https://www.aacnnursing.org/news-information/fact-sheets/nursing-shortage (accessed 10.04.2022).
21. Challenges Facing America’s Health Care Workforce as the U.S. enters third year of COVID-19 Pandemic. American Hospital Association. 2022. Available at: https://www.aha.org/lettercomment/2022-03-01-aha-provides-information-congress-re-challenges-facing-americas-health (accessed 22.03.2022).
22. Bai, G., Zare H., Eisenberg, M.D., Polsky, D., Anderson, G.F. Analysis Suggests Government and Nonprofit Hospitals’ Charity Care Is Not Aligned with Their Favorable Tax Treatment. 2021. Health Affairs. Vol. 40. No. 4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.01627
23. Carias, C., Rainisch, G., Shankar, M., Adhikari, B.B., Swerdlow, D.L., Bower, W.A., Pillai, S.K., Meltzer, M.I., Koonin, L.M. 2015. Potential Demand for Respirators and Surgical Masks During a Hypothetical Influenza Pandemic in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases. Vol. 60. Issue suppl_1. P. S42-S51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/civ141 (accessed 22.03.2022).
24. Deutchman, M., Macaluso, F., Chao, J., Duffrin, C., Hanna, K., Avery, D.M. Jr., Onello, E., Quinn, K., Griswold, M.T., Alavi, M., Boulger, J., Bright, P., Schneider, B., Porter, J., Luke, S., Durham, J., Hasnain, M., James, K.A. 2020. Contributions of US Medical Schools to Primary Care (2003-2014): Determining and Predicting Who Really goes into Primary Care. Family Medicine. Vol. 52. No.7. P. 483-490.
25. Saghafian, S., Song, L.D. & Raja, A.S. 2022. Towards a more efficient healthcare system: Opportunities and challenges caused by hospital closures amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Health Care Manag Sci. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10729-022-09591-7 (accessed 20.03.2022).
No posts found